A few weeks ago I received an email from a popular blogger asking me to co-host an event. I pondered for a while, talk to my chief advisor-My mom, a few friends and decided to go for it. The popular blogger at one time was my instructor and inspired my whole interest of blogging and working on-line. I truly admired this chick as she was smart, worked in nonprofit, liked to travel and oh yeah, natural like me. Two bird of feather right? Well, I guess you want to know who I am referring to? Okay, so I am talking about Rosetta Thurman aka the Happy Black Woman and she is coming to Atlanta. Check out Rosetta’s cool blog here: http://happyblackwoman.com .
Join me and other happy black women in Atlanta for the Happy Black Woman Happy Hour Atlanta. Connect with other women living their dreams of purposeful life. This will be a great opportunity to mix, mingle and make new friends with inspiring women who are committed to pursuing their goals. Grab your girls and let’s celebrate living our happy lives. The event is free, but you must pre-register for the event. You can register here: http://happyblackwomanatlanta.eventbrite.com. I look forward to seeing you there!
- Check. No Surprises Here. (blackwriteandread.wordpress.com)
- Black women rally against voter ID laws (wcnc.com)
- Why Do People Care About Gabby Douglas’ Hair? (bossip.com)
- Media Got It Wrong About Gabby and Black Women (theroot.com)
- Katie Couric: ‘The Natural Hair Movement Amongst Black Women Is Linked To The Obesity Crisis’ [AUDIO] (myhoustonmajic.com)
- Depression, Money & Women (cashnetusa.com)
- Standards and Why Losers Want You to Have None (blackfemaleculture.wordpress.com)