***Keep in mind I have not totally perfected this and I am STILL in the race. I am messenger sharing my mess to bless. Love ya!***
I hear and see a number of people asking for weight lost tips, help and pointers. It’s great to ask them and most are willing to share. I myself receive the questions all the time from others in the struggle of battling the bulge.
The health and fitness industry is a VERY lucrative and prosperous entity. We see reality shows, products, coaches, trainers and nutritionists getting top dollars for their expertise and guarantees to make you slimmer, trimmer and some even guarantee a healthier lifestyle.
There are surgeries, procedures and potions available for those longing to have a slimmer and thinner physique. You can get things tucked, stapled, and sucked for a nice price which I equate to vanity. I too have said when I reach a certain place in my weight loss I would get the excess skin removed, because there will be plenty of it. LOL!
With all the processes, products and procedures that are out there the #1 secret is not totally visible or being broadcast to the masses as much as the systems. This secret is really not a secret, and can be found in each person that makes a decision to battle the bugle.
The secret to most weight challenges is: CLEANING UP YOUR MESS! Some of you reading may say huh? Yes I said it, weight gain and weight loss is heavily rooted in things going on within, which are reflected on the outside with protruding bellies, bouncing butts and flabby arms, believe me I know and have them all. LOL! It’s the internal battles and struggles that have led us to abuse the source given to us to live not live for it….FOOD.
It is not until you decide to deal with your realities, triggers and past that you can tune in to what’s REALLY going on with you. See I was in denial that I was an emotional and stress eater. I always wanted to appear that I had it in control and that I could work things out. All along the way I was eating myself into a grave that would need to be 6 ft deep and 6 ft wide. I was out of control. Not to mention VERY promiscuous. I used men like I used towels-for my needs and then I was done…be gone! I was passionate about my career, but had misplaced anger that resulted in me attacking people with words and crazy revenge. Talk about off the chain!!!! With each of these spiraling experiences I would eat.
Now I’m letting you in my business, but each and every experience that I’ve lived has been to bring God glory. After I dealt with what God wanted to do in my life for His glory I’ve listened to Him when and what I could share. Transparency means a lot to me and I believe there are more of us who need to share.
1 Corinthians 10:31 ESV is the total opposite of how most of us have viewed and used food-for our glory and not God. 1 Corinthians 10:31 ESV So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. We are accustomed to using food to satisfy and appease us to the point that we are dependent upon food to remedy everything.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 ESV reminds us that we should glorify God with our bodies. Simply put, glorifying God with our body is ensuring that our temples are healthy and whole so we’re used for God’s glory. I often say there are too many sick saints. Too many of us God have been given GREAT visions and dreams to bless His people, but we can’t fulfill those because of poor health. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 ESV Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
Cleaning up your mess starts with a phrase my Pastor in Fort Wayne said that has stuck with me till this day, “Think about what you are thinking about”. Simple yet true when it comes to dealing with your mess. The Bible reminds us this is what we should do. Romans 12:2 ESV Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
Mind renewal is a very important part of any change that is going to take place in any area of your life. If a mind change presents more of a challenge than what you think, seek out professional help from a therapist or a coach. It’s your body make the sacrifice today to receive the changes of tomorrow. Is it easy…HECK NO, but are you worth it? ABSOLUTELY and then some!
Consider the following from my friend and accountant Minister Albert Cotton and make today the first step in living with a better you!
The image you’ve been created in is far more defining than the physical attributes you possess. Once you come to know that divine nature within you and the Divine One who put it there when you were made in His image and after His likeness, you’ll start to treat the physical house in which it resides a lot better.
To Your Royal Life,
- Fitness and eating right (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Chaka Khan Reveals Weight Loss Secrets: “I’ve Always Been A Sex Symbol” [PHOTOS] (oldschool945.com)
- New Year’s Resolutions Survey Reveals Goal Shifts from 2002 to 2012: Overall Health and Fitness Beat Out Weight and Smoking Goals (prweb.com)
- Introducing a Powerful Online Fitness Program Using Weight Loss… (prweb.com)
- Morley Evans Introduces http://www.Fitness-Health-Happiness.com to Help Victims of Statin Drugs (and Everyone Else) to Optimize Their Lives (prweb.com)
- My #1 Weight Loss Secret Revealed (queenlyandconfident.com)
- Weight Loss Supplements Featuring Green Coffee Bean Extract Get Media Exposure by Nation’s Most Recognized TV Doctor (prweb.com)
- hCGDietJourney announces a new online store to the hCG diet information site for all things hCG diet related, helping people succeed on the hCG diet. (prweb.com)
- Day 29: CAN WEIGHT-LOSS EXERCISES BE AN UPHILL ACTIVITY (muponisi.wordpress.com)
- X5FitnessCamp.com Celebrates Summer with 90-Day Weight Loss Challenge (prweb.com)
- Only Christ Can Cleanse Your Sin (livesharp.org)
- Researchers seek predictors of exercise effectiveness for weight loss (medicalxpress.com)
- Weight Loss (secretads.wordpress.com)
- List of Weight Loss Inspirational Posts (weightlosshacked.wordpress.com)
- Safe Weight Loss (perspectivesoneatingforhealth.wordpress.com)