As a kid there was nothing like seeing your family in the audience, in the stands rooting for you. There is something about knowing you have your VERY OWN cheering section that pumps you to give it your all!
As a kid I remember singing at Whitney Houston’s version of The Greatest Love of All. I believe I was in about 4th grade. I had my new pink and green sweater set on from Sears for my debut solo at school. I was ready, confident and raring to go. My parents and grandparents were there, support from my teachers and friends I was about to bring the house DOWNNN! I belted the words out in a pure voice and when I go to “I decided long ago….” I just boohooed! I cried and at that time, couldn’t explain why I cried. As I grew older, I now know those were tears of conviction. I understood what I was singing, before I really understood the experience. WOW! Thankfully, my parents and teachers were there to console and reassurance me all was well. At age 38, I am teased about that experience, but it marked a defining moment where I valued having the support of those close to me.
Today’s Thought: Value Support
I Corinthians 13:4-8 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
The picture below speaks volumes for the love and support Beyoncé and Jay-Z have for one another. Regardless of our thoughts on their lifestyle or beliefs, we see a lot of love shown between the two. I would love to see more genuine displays of affection from followers of Christ.
Genuine love and support realizes nothing is taken from the other person by supporting and rooting on their successes. The same love and support will also inform us when we are out-of-order and should reconsider our ways. I am happy this has been the case in my life. What about yours? Love and support, just as we mentioned on yesterday, will lift us to succeed. Wouldn’t you agree? Support and love operate hand in hand for you can’t have one without the other, for they come from the author of love-God.
In what way has your circle of support help manifest your dreams or exercise courage?
Share your thoughts in the comments section below this blog and be sure to share it with others. I’d love to hear from you.
Discover the Royalty Within,
- Whitney Houston’s mother writes book to ‘let people know the real Whitney’ (itv.com)
- Remembering Whitney by Cissy Houston (umustread.wordpress.com)
- The Best And The Worst Performances In Super Bowl History (Videos) (contactmusic.com)
- Britt Nicole’s GRAMMY Winners Playlist (kiss951.cbslocal.com)
- Bobbi Kristina Blasts Grandmother’s Tell-All Book On Twitter| Says “It’s disrespectful” To Whitney Houston’s Memory (peacebenwilliams.com)
- Taylor Swift & More To Honor Whitney Houston Before The Grammys (perezhilton.com)
- Cissy Houston Reveals Intimate Details of Whitney’s Life in New Book (blackamericaweb.com)
- Cissy Houston: Whitney just wanted normal life (contactmusic.com)
- Positively Kids Releases “It’s Just Another Bump in the Road,’ an Uplifting Song That Teaches Kids to Embrace Life’s Challenges (prweb.com)
- Whitney Houston’s daughter boycotting book (contactmusic.com)