There is GREAT pleasure in knowing you. It takes some living, it takes some ups and downs, but there is nothing comparable to knowing exactly who you are. Your clicks, tics, shakes and bakes are part of the intricate details God used in creating you. We all have unique attributes about ourselves that make us who we are, however, it may take a self-discovery journey from my experience, to expose who you REALLY are.
1 You have searched me, Lord,
and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts,[a] God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand—
when I awake, I am still with you.
Knowing who you are brings a sense of freedom from the cookie-cutter approach we sometimes labels others. It allows you to pick out and fine tune the wonderful qualities and characteristics you like about yourself and causes people to like or dislike you. Note that dislike of you is sometimes not a bad thing.
For many of us (me included) we’ve not been fully comfortable with who we for various reasons. It may steam from childhood violations, verbal abuse, physical abuse or the need for acceptance we didn’t receive. Well, today can be your day of liberation; you can break free and begin your journey of pleasure in knowing you. You can begin to accept the things like I’ve heard from people time and time again like: “I don’t get you” or “I don’t know how to take you, and countless others because, they are the things that make you and I soo special to God.
Here are 3 things I take pleasure in knowing about myself?
- I defy conformity. I believe we should all accept one another where we are without waiting to put people in our comfortable cubicle. That’s what God wants. I should not be hell-bent and bound on fitting in your mold because you are comfortable with me in “your” cubicle.
- We all hear about “thinking outside the box”, but what if I am more interested in creating the box to change the world and majorly impact lives forever. My calling, my gifts and talents are mine and will not be used or salaried at what YOU think.
3. My values matter and compromise is NOT an option. I believe in what I believe. Many of the things I believe include respect of all people. I do not believe in special perks according to the standards of man and it is my duty to bring injustice to light as needed. Therefore, I am outspoken and some may say opinionated, but that makes me Zakiya. Sorry if I don’t comply.
So have you taken the journey to REALLY understanding who you are and what makes you YOU? Why or why not?
- What will it take to find the pleasure in you being you without adapting to the standards and restrictions of others?
- If you have taken pleasure in knowing yourself, what has the process taught you?
- What pleases you about you?
I want to hear from you. Be the BEST you to you everyday!
- Thinking is not Necessarily Knowing. (practicalmeditationaudio.wordpress.com)
- The Struggle to Just Let the Love In (ofmindormatter.com)
- Let The Tour Begin (tdtwr.wordpress.com)
- Thinking and knowing Thinking is powerfu (sexualhealingspot.com)
- Serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another (throughchrist.wordpress.com)
- venting my day is bad (fallenangelsbrokenhearts.wordpress.com)
- Far Above Rubies (rhondaburke.com)
- How To Stop Verbal Abuse In Relationships (mademan.com)
- What happened to you? (doublehockeysticks.com)
- Hurt (fishofgold.wordpress.com)